In an effort to continue to streamline business processes and make it easier for new employees to access the systems they need to conduct the business of the university, University Human Resources (UHR) is announcing changes to the process for access to administer the Absence Reporting functionality within PeopleSoft.
Moving forward, departments will be able to request administrative access for Absence Reporting through the UHR Online Access Request System, an online tool currently being used to assign administrative access rights to payroll and HR functions in PeopleSoft.
Absence Reporting is a secondary system used at Rutgers to track employee usage of paid and unpaid time off. Absence Reporting is not used to generate pay, but is used to track days used and days remaining in compliance with University policy, negotiated agreements and State and federal employment law. Requests for access may be initiated at the department level, but must be approved at the Dean’s or Senior Vice President’s office for each school or administrative unit.
In order to use the Online Access Request System:
- Visit https://hrapps.rutgers.edu/pars/ (you must be on a Rutgers secured network or logged in through the Office of Information Technology’s VPN tool).
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to enter the Absence Reporting Admin Access Request System. You will be prompted for your NetID and password.
- Currently, only department HCM Preparers and certain designated administrators in RBHS are authorized to submit access requests in this system. If you do not have access to submit a request, you will be prompted with the names and contact information for individuals who have authority to submit access requests for your area.
- Once the department HCM Preparer submits the information through this system, the request is electronically routed to an approver at the School / Administrative Unit level to authorize.
- Once approved at the School / Administrative Unit level, the electronic request is routed to UHR to provide a final audit and to process applications for access.
Please note the following prior to beginning the application process:
- Applications for access must be completed by an HCM Preparer and authorized by an HCM Approver at the Cabinet or School/Unit level for employees within the area’s reporting structure and organizational hierarchy (for Absence Reporting, HCM Preparers at the department level can initiate the request, but it must be authorized by the Cabinet or School / Unit level HR Approver).
- Applications are not auto-saved. Once you begin the application process, it must be completed. Closing a window will end your session without saving the data.
- All employees must review and accept the Agreement for Accessing University Information prior to final unit approval of the application. The agreement can be accessed at: https://identityservices.rutgers.edu/agreement.
In order to assist you in administering the electronic Absence Reporting Access Request system, a PDF user guide can be found at https://tinyurl.com/RU-Absence-Reporting
If you have any questions regarding this new process, please contact University Human Resources at (848) 932-3020, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this important initiative.