Welcome Rutgers HCM Users!!
This website was created to allow for easy communication between the University HR Department and designated users of the HCM system [HCM Preparers and HCM Approvers]. Click on the post title or the "Read More »" link to view the entire post.
If you have already received an email concerning this website, then you have been automatically subscribed. All other HCM Users may sign up by clicking on the link to the right on this page.
Please remember that all class 1, 6, 7, 8, and 9 requests submitted to the HCM/Payroll system require accurate supporting documentation attached to the request. Supporting documentation can be an appointment letter, offer letter, or other document signed by the person in your organization who is responsible for and has the authority to commit monies on behalf of the University. The documentation must clearly state the following:
- Employee name
- Employee department
- Employee job class (class 1, 6, 7, 8, or 9)
- The hired or reappointed payroll job title and job code
- Salary payment begin date
- Salary payment end date
We have received many attachments with: job titles that do not exist in the payroll system, information that does not match the request entered in the system, no dates or salary, or the statement that the person is not reappointed or is on a waiting list. These attachments are not supporting documentation.
We are happy to announce the new “HCM Hotline”. The HCM Hotline number will be monitored during the hours of 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. We hope that direct access to the HCM Unit will help expedite and resolve your transactions and questions.
Please call the HCM Hotline at 848-932-3888.
As of Jan 2011, new software called the Human Capital Management [HCM] system was implemented to replace the use of old paper forms including the PDR [Personnel Data Record], PAF [Payroll Authorization Form], TRF [Time Report Form], and many other Hire/Salary Transactions. As a result, the Salary Administration Unit under the University Human Resources Department, has now been renamed to the Human Capital Management Unit. This change was made to reflect the unit’s new responsibilities utilizing the new HCM System. This enhancement will allow us to operate more efficiently, responsively, and most important of all, better serve the employees of Rutgers University.
Learn more about using the new HCM System at the RIAS Learning Resources Website: http://rias.rutgers.edu/trainingess.htm
i. Class 1 – Regular Faculty, Staff; Post Doc Associates
ii. Class 2 – Trades People (Formerly Type A)
iii. Class 3 – Short Term Temporary Appointee [This class is currently not in use]
iv. Class 4 – Hourly Casuals, Part-Time, or Seasonal [non-students]
*** [May only hold one Class 4 job at RU]
v. Class 5 – Hourly Casual Full-Time Rutgers Students [May hold multiple Class 5 jobs at RU]
vi. Class 6 – Teaching/Graduate Assistants
vii. Class 7 – Part Time Lecturers
viii. Class 8 – Coadjutants (incl. Faculty Summer Research, Casual – Non Teaching, Co-Adjunct-Additional Teaching)
ix. Class 9 – Graduate/Post Doc Fellows (Paid through stipends, not Rutgers employees)
You can access the following information in your own employee file and request changes if needed:
- Personal Information: your contact information, emergency contacts, home address, etc
- Available before the employee’s first day if the transaction request has been approved by UHR [HCM Unit]
- Payroll and Compensation Information: direct deposit, pay advices [current and old pay checks], W-4 form, deductions, taxes, etc
- Available starting on the employee’s first day
- Benefits Information: view current benefits selections, plans, etc
A number of issues have arisen that have affected the accuracy of records being entered. It is extremely important that you review this list to ensure that the records you enter are correct:
- Always verify the effective date before saving or submitting your work. The effective date defaults to the current date and it should be corrected before you move on.
- You must wait for the “saved” message to appear in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you don’t, your work will be lost or incorrect.
A preparer can review the status of requests she or he has submitted for the following types of actions:
- New hires and additional appointments for existing employees – Workforce Administration>Template –Based Hire> Template-Based Hire Status
- Supervisor reporting changes, leaves, returns from leave, and salary changes – Manager Self-Service>Job and Personal Information>View (select the request type you want to view).
The status screen for each type of action is divided into Pending, Cancelled, and Processed sections. However, you may not see these sections until you have an action that is pending, cancelled, or processed.
Effective Monday, April 4, 2011, the RIAS/HR Service Desk will transition to 8:30-5 pm operating hours, Monday-Friday.
Contact information is below:
Phone: 732-932-3020 x4019
The RIAS/HR Service Desk looks forward to continuing to work with you on the new HCM/Payroll system. Calls, voice mails and e-mails will continue to be consistently monitored throughout the day during operating hours.